Friday, April 22, 2011

Forward progress

Wow....this house is really moving along. Our framers have been working their tails off with the better weather this week.


The plumber finished his rough in last week. I was spoiled with an outdoor faucet that has hot and cold water. I had never heard of such a thing...who needs hot water outside? I guess that new puppy of ours is going to be happy about her warm hose downs.

 Oh that Avie, she is quite the character. Here she is trying out the new shower.

The framing is getting finished up for the most part. Here are the girls' secret closets. I didn't realize what these were going to look like, but they turned out pretty cute.

More framing pictures. This is Avie's future room...for the most part all of the house is done being framed except for a few little things. It looks great!

Heating and cooling was also put in this week and is ready for inspection.

While digging the foundation Thomas ran into quite a big tree stump. But it was far enough away from the house that he left it. Big mistake! That stump was in the way of where we are going to set the two heat pumps. Poor Thomas was left to his ax to get rid of that stump, since he can't get the backhoe on that side of the house. He finally got it out and we are ready for some concrete.

Electrical is being roughed in as well. These guys are great! I had no idea how many decisions revolved around where to put lights and how many we need. I am really glad I have an experienced electrician to walk me through this.


The easiest decision with this house has been the roof. I picked Harvard Slate. I figured that was the closest I was ever going to Harvard.


Finally...this is the house. The changes are really started to be noticed and I am getting more and more excited. I have even started doing a bit of shopping for the house.
Next week should be done with our inspections and ready for dry wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment