Sunday, June 12, 2011

All in a days work?

The move in date is closing in and we still have a lot of work to do. But...this weekend we did get a lot done. Poor Thomas worked 14 hour days trying to get the hardwood floors installed. I had originally tried to talk Thomas into putting a border in the foyer. With all that he had to do it was one of those things that just had to be skipped.
The wood is a natural hardwood called Chinkapin. We had hickory in our last house and I "loved" them. It wasn't in our budget for this house but the chinkapin is starting to grow on me. Thomas is adding square head nails for the finish. I am not really happy about this...too rustic for my taste. He isn't backing down on putting them in so I will have to learn to live with them.

Here is a picture of the wood spread out everywhere.

Saturday morning Thomas was up to the house by 7 am. It took us awhile to get a it figured it out.

By day one we had the kitchen and dining room done.

And by Sunday night we almost all of it done.

The kids are getting pretty tired of amusing themselves up at the new house. They did enjoy playing with the broken air compressor tubing.
All that is left is the area around the fireplace. We think we can finish it up after work tomorrow. The cabinets are coming in this week and we need to get flooring done in order for the media cabinet to get installed. 

This week was also marked by having our heat pumps installed. I know I am getting excited about little things but it's one more step to getting the house done.

I also had to post Taryn's room. It's purple and I think she is really going to like it.

This next week should be exciting with cabinets getting installed. Our good friend, Larry, will be here from back home to help install our tile floor. I picked most of the tile on Friday and it's exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to see it installed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You guys are really moving along. The floor looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! Your place is looking great as well. I am loving your interior doors. Cabinets were installed today and now it's really looking like a house.

    ReplyDelete