Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shout out to Larry Sather!

It's getting close...
Our good friend Larry of Sather Construction came and visited this weekend. He has been helping Thomas general contract the home and wanted to see the progress. He also installed our bathroom floor tile. I think when he saw the size of the tile he might have been thinking twice about driving 8 hours to come and "do us a favor".
I can't say enough nice things about this guy and he has been a huge help with this project. Not that I will ever build again but if I do, Sather Construction will be doing all the general contracting.
The bathroom proved to be a pain with the large 16 x 24 tiles.

Here is Larry giving Thomas a lesson on the tile saw. Unfortunately the kitchen countertop was not installed before Larry came over. He gave us a few tile lessons in hopes we could do the kitchen backsplash on our own. Hmmm....I didn't pick the easiest backsplash for the beginner.

Here is Thomas running the saw. Again these really large tiles just made things more difficult. I had originally wanted to have 9 x 16 format but we were unable to find it in the pewter travertine. And yes...I had to have pewter travertine. We had walnut travertine in our last house and loved it. It just didn't match my plans for my bathroom and marble just wasn't an option. I am so glad we went with this tile and I can't wait to see the shower, hopefully this week.




















Here is the tile before it was grouted....

And the final product....I love it! Thanks Larry!


3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Maybe we'll have to plan a trip to come down and visit once it's complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better! We would love to have you. This is a great place to visit...lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pewter travertine. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete