Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another busy weekend....our goal this weekend was to get both decks completed. This was no small task and we would have accomplished it if we hadn't ran out of wood. We came pretty close and only have about 1/4 of the back deck to complete.
Here is a photo of Thomas finishing up the front deck.

So I can't take much credit...but I did find out I like using the miter saw.

With the front deck I really wasn't much help between 3 soccer games and a T-ball game. I did manage to stain it but that was about all. I figured I needed to step up and help Thomas out a bit more with the back deck. This deck is about 8 feet off the ground so there he was trying to lay decking while walking on the deck joists. Not easy. So he set up the boards and I drilled in the screws. I am sure that I stripped more screws than he has in a lifetime but we almost got it done and so far it looks great! Our friend Tim also came over with his boys and helped. The boys played with wooden swords that Thomas made out of scrap wood while Tim helped Thomas move 20 foot boards. After all that help they even fed us dinner. We owe them big time!

Here is the front deck...love how cedar looks after being stained.

A different picture of the deck showing the newly framed columns.

The paint is finally done. I have to apologize for the pictures. We haven't seen much of the sun lately and we still don't have lights in the house....so the pictures aren't great. I needed to post proof that I actually have more than one color in my house, this is new for me.
Here is the master bathroom, Sherwin-Williams Lemon Chiffon. The bottom will be white beadboard with pewter travertine for tile floors and shower

Here is the master bedroom, Sherwin-Williams Dorian Grey.

Avie's room looks really good, with Sherwin-Williams Macadamia and her accent wall color Mariner. Taryn's is a lovely purple but the lighting was so poor that the picture did not turn out well.

Finally Quinn's room and his chalkboard wall, it will be trimmed out with a cork board border.

Plans for next week include installing the hardwood floors and finishing it with 3 applications of tung oil. Oh yeah....and finishing the back deck. Sure wish we didn't have to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment